Location: Branson, MO
The President of the Skaggs Foundation directs the organization with guidance from the Board of Directors to secure the financial resources necessary to support the health and wellness of Stone and Taney County residents and the services provided to them by Cox Medical Center Branson. The President oversees grant administration, compliance to the affiliation, membership and governance agreement with Cox Health, and the necessary financial reporting, review, evaluation and personnel management of the non-profit organization.
The President of the Foundation requires a sincere relationship builder with proven fundraising experience through creative and entrepreneurial methods. The role will maintain expert level knowledge of the development field, related tax law and legislation as it impacts fundraising. Identifies and acts upon opportunities that generate new donors, while maintaining existing donors.
- Collaborates with development staff to create an annual strategic plan that identifies current donors and manages ongoing activities for them through stewardship, as well as cultivating new donors through prospecting and research.
- Maintain accurate records of donor contributions to ensure appropriate recognition.
- Attends conferences, workshops and seminars, reads journals and related publications to maintain expert knowledge in the fundraising field, as well as tax laws and related legislation (where it impacts fundraising).
- Completes a minimum of 15 hours of continuing education a year. Has the ability to put education into action through all methods of fundraising activities.
- Oversees staffing, budget and all related administrative duties as prescribed by the organization to ensure maximum efficiency and achievement of system-wide goals.
- Meets expectations as assigned by the health system for internal communications, education, staffing, policy and standards development and compliance activities.
- Maintains accurate record keeping as required to maintain IRS status as not for profit organization.
- Oversees and ensures the successful planning and completion of special events.
The successful candidate for President will possess;
- A minimum of 5 years of executive level development experience.
- A history of successfully working with a Board of Directors.
- Demonstrated background of partnering with a Board of Directors to create a clear organizational vision and mission.
- Experience in all areas of fundraising activities to include estate plans, asset management, capital and major gift solicitation, organization of special events, grant writing, direct mail, and on-line solicitation.
- Proven track record of donor and volunteer stewardship to meet organizational fund raising goals, as well as a history of leadership in budgeting, staffing, board management, and understanding of fund accounting.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Sage and other desktop computer programs.
- Prefer experience in the healthcare industry.
- The ability to work with community leaders.
- Capable of building lasting relationships with donors.
- Creative, entrepreneurial, keen financial acuity, driven and high integrity.
- Be active in the community.
- A passion for Healthcare and healthy lifestyles.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Organizational skills.
A Bachelor’s degree in social science, business, marketing or related field is required. A Master’s degree is preferred, as well as 30 hours in continuing education in fundraising through an accredited agency.
ABOUT COX MEDICAL CENTER BRANSON:
In 1950, Cox Medical Center Branson was founded just north of downtown Branson, Missouri. The facility, originally named as Skaggs Community Hospital, was named after M.B. and Estella Skaggs; Mr. Skaggs was the prosperous founder of Safeway grocery stores and a Missouri native who owned a home and game preserve in eastern Taney County.
With their encouragement and major financial backing, Skaggs Community Hospital was built in the late 1940s at a cost of approximately $250,000. The empty hospital building was turned over to the community as a gift, with area citizens asked to raise money to equip and furnish it. When the community was unable to raise the entire needed sum, Mr. Skaggs donated an additional $50,000 to supplement the community funds.
On January 8, 1950, doors to the 25-bed hospital were opened to the community for an open house. The following morning, the very first patient was admitted for surgery. A newspaper article of the day states: “Glancing over the list of the first week’s patient entries, we cannot help but pause a little with bowed head in grateful appreciation for the Good Samaritan spirit that has set this instrument of service in our midst. How much anxiety and suffering have been avoided because near at hand was a hospital to serve the need.”
In its early years, Skaggs treated an average of four patients per day, with five physicians, six nurses and six nurse aides on staff. Now, the average daily patient census exceeds 90, with 165 hospital beds. A staff of 1,000 physicians and nursing and support personnel are required to operate the hospital and its numerous clinics.
At the same time the hospital opened, a hospital auxiliary group was founded. Now, more than 300 volunteers belong to Skaggs Volunteer Services.
Almost from the beginning and during each of the following five decades, healthcare services and medical technology at the hospital have continued to expand. All the while, dedicated employees have maintained their sense of pride, caring and professionalism.
In January of 2012, administrators of the once Skaggs Regional Medical Center began seeking a partner to ensure healthcare was provided for years to come in the Branson area. In January of 2013, the hospital became a part of the CoxHealth network, doing business as Cox Medical Center Branson.
ABOUT BRANSON, MO
You may know Branson, MO as the “Live Music Show Capital of the World.” Branson is truly a one-of-a-kind family vacation destination — and an incredible value — with more than 50 live performance theaters, three pristine lakes, 12 championship golf courses, an international award-winning theme park, dozens of attractions and museums, an Historic Downtown district, shopping galore, a full range of dining options, and a host of hotels, motels, resorts, RV parks, campgrounds and meeting and conference facilities. Branson, nestled in the lakeside beauty of the Ozark Mountains, is America’s affordable, wholesome family entertainment capital that emphasizes fun, comfort and the feeling of being right at home.
While Branson brings all of these things, it offers much more to its residents. The moderate cost of living, low unemployment rate, low crime rate, numerous churches, pleasant and variable climate, beautiful scenery, and variety of civic and cultural opportunities make Branson a great place to live, work and play. Quite simply, Branson is one of the most remarkable places on earth and its tremendously diverse environment allows residents to enjoy an incomparable quality of life.
|Interesting Facts about Branson, Missouri
- Branson’s population is 10,520 people (2012).
- Since 2000, it has had a population growth of 38.85 percent.
- The median home cost in Branson is $120,300. Home appreciation the last year has been -0.25 percent.
- Compared to the rest of the country, Branson’s cost of living is 4.8% Lower than the U.S. average.
- Property Taxes – Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2009: $750 (0.4%)
Residential home valued at $200,000 = $1,606.11 total property tax within the city of Branson
- There are about 17.1 students per teacher in Branson.
- The unemployment rate in Branson is 7.9% (U.S. avg. is 8.6%).
- Branson jobs have increased by 2.7%.
- 240+ restaurants
- Moderate climate with four distinct seasons
- Top Industries: Tourism, Healthcare, Retail and Education, Housing/ Real Estate
- 3 area lakes with hundreds of miles of pristine shoreline
- Area serviced by 3 major hospitals
About Morgan Hunter HealthSearch
Morgan Hunter HealthSearch (MHHS) provides Executive Search and Interim Leadership solutions for hospitals and health systems throughout the United States. Our services include executive healthcare recruiting, retained healthcare executive search, healthcare interim management, executive placement for hospitals.